I think I need to go to the doctor for my anxiety.
So, like... what SHOULDN'T I tell them? Should I leave out the suicidal thoughts and eating disorder? What about the self-injury? What's really safe to tell them? At what point will they try to recommend someone for inpatient or whatever? I'm 18 so they can't tell my parents anything right? But I'm still on my parent's insurance, can they tell them then? Can they force you to go to the hospital ever? If you're suicidal? What if you're only a little suicidal? Tell me these things because I don't know.
Also I get free counseling sessions at school. Well, I get 15 anyway, then group sessions are limitless. Should I try those first?
Tell them everything. They can only hold you for 48 hours if they think you are an immediate danger to yourself. If you are legally of adult age, your parents have to have you declared totally barking mad to be able to do anything to you.
ReplyDeleteSo yeah, tell them everything. I did and they didn't take me seriously until they did bloodwork.
i wish i knew something about that so i could help. :/ but i hope you get help somehow.
ReplyDeletemuch love. <3
They're all kinda a package deal aren't they.
ReplyDeleteThey probably won't send you away, costs too much money and doctors are lazy. They can't tell your parents, don't fret.
You can be quite a lot suicidal and they won't do anything, go see them and also try and get the counseling at school. Free stuff is always fab.
They usually only send people to hospital if they're psychotic, or if someone else (parent/friend) asks them to. Don't worry about that. It will be fine :)
<3 H
I just came across ur blog and thought id let u know i just recently went to the dr for my anxiety and depression. I am on my parents insurance and was afraid of the drs telling them or telling my husband. I am only 20 and i was afraid they'd lock me up and throw away the key. but to my suprise it is a good thing. They said even though i have an ED and i cut because im taking a step to get control of it they do not think it necassary to force any type of treatment. Not that they could if i refused... Anywho i just wanted u to know u shud get help if ur ready. And im here although i dont know u if u need to talk...
ReplyDelete