I think I've lost a little weight. Cool. My arms look smaller, and my waist looks smaller. My waist tends to be the place that I lose weight most quickly but it seems like my arms NEVER get smaller so that's awesome. I may not actually be losing any weight; perhaps it could just be my body dysmorphia getting a liiiittle bit better? Hopefully?
Sometimes I still look in the mirror and I'm totally disgusted and hate myself and can't believe such an adorable baby grew up to be a horribly hideous adult. But sometimes, and this is becoming more and more of an "often" rather than just a "sometimes," I think my body is beautiful, glorious, sexy... sometimes I look at myself and can't pick a single thing I'd change. And that's a good thing, a very good thing.
But I'm realizing how much my ED related to things OTHER than body image. Because dealing with my body issues has definitely, DEFINITELY helped me deal with it, but it certainly still exists... it just has so much to do with channeling my fears about everything into one outlet, and simplifying them.
What's been really bothersome to me is that the further I slip out of my eating disorder, the more I slip into other obsessive-compulsive behaviors. They're not to the extent that my ED was in terms of being bad for my health but I've already suffered a three day long total mental breakdown because of them and I hope these behaviors don't continue to grow more problematic. But, at least I'm not slowly killing myself from the inside anymore, so, woo.
No comments:
Post a Comment