- Seeing bones. Any type of bones. Even bones on healthy people.
- Feeling full. At all.
- Feeling hungry. At all.
- Any mention of eating disorders whatsoever.
- Hearing anyone talk about being hungry or full or being nauseas.
- If I ever skip a meal for lack of time
- If I lie down after having skipped a meal for lack of time, so I'm totally empty, so my stomach is sinking in more, then I become incredibly preoccupied with pushing on my ribs
- EVERYTHING AAAARGH
This is me trying to make sense of recovery. This wasn't always a recovery blog though, so I have to warn you that if you don't want to be triggered, do NOT look at my older posts.
Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Bleh, triggers are everywhere. Let's name some:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, lovely. Oh, lovely, beautiful V.
ReplyDeleteI want to wrap you up in my arms and hold you tightly and make everything disappear for a long while...all physical things, all emotional things, all bones and sounds and sights and thoughts. You are so strong for staying true to yourself and your decision to be healthy, don't you see? It's going to be hard, my love; it's going to be a part of life FOR EVER. For ALL OF US. We will not EVER escape our own fingers as they trace our own ribs, even when we are DONE with these obsessions, when we are old and we are grandmothers. But you know what?
We will be old.
And we will be grandmothers.
<3 <3 <3
We will make it.
Somehow.
You are stronger than I am right now.
I am inspired by you right... Now.
Keep true.
Stay lovely.