My trip went absolutely marvelously. Apparently housing opens up a lot for the spring semester, so that's when I'm going! Yes, I'm going! I'm absolutely in love with the campus and I just felt right at home, like I was ready to just go right ahead and move in! And it's actually so much more affordable than I thought it would be and my mom couldn't deny how amazing of a school it is. : ) So I know I'm just expecting to go when I haven't technically been accepted yet... but my GPA and SAT scores are way above their standards and even when the information guy was throwing out numbers to brag about how they've increased their standards this year, I was above those standards, too. However, I'm applying for spring SUPER early and I'm afraid that they would for some reason wait until November to give me an answer which would kill me. : ( Bahhh. But, I'm so so so so happy and excited!
Now is the time to get excited, get focused, and get THIN! I have until January to get skinny skinny skinny. Did I mention that this school is downtown in a big, hilly city? Which means I will be walking everywhere, which means... well you know what it means! And their recreation center is amazing and they give extremely discounted rates on classes, which means I can finally afford to take boxing lessons, haha.
Unfortunately, I am fatter than ever. I've gained like 26 pounds in a matter of months. It's awful. Pathetic. Okay, not 26 because I weighed myself after my enormous binge this morning. But at least 23, awful awful awful. I purged out some of my food, but not nearly enough. My pants are officially too tight. BUT--our pool is almost ready, and exercising in the pool is pretty much my favorite thing. Another thing I have discovered is that when I'm sad, from now on, I'm going to dance. This makes a lot of sense because usually when I'm sad, I'm sad about being fat, and dancing burns calories. I danced through Ted Leo's whole "Share the Sheets" album today (okay well I spent one song stretching) so while I did have an awful binge/purge, at least I got some exercise. I bought that record on my trip when I spent an exorbitant amount of money on vinyl, and here's what my record player looks like when it's playing "Me and Mia":
It was one of the first records I saw as I was browsing, and I knew it had to be a sign. Right? I plan on dancing to this every day to help raise my mood.

that is amazing! congrats on falling in love with the campus and finally having a way in!! that's awesome.
ReplyDeleteyou'll lose that weight soon girl, don't worry :) 6 months is nothin! that stuff will just fall right off!
xx
sasha