This is me trying to make sense of recovery. This wasn't always a recovery blog though, so I have to warn you that if you don't want to be triggered, do NOT look at my older posts.
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Are you opposed to having me, a complete yet humble stranger, as a text buddy? More specifically, would you like to fast until New Year's with me (water but other liquids as needed) and to give each other round-the-clock support via the wonderful invention of a cell phone? The logical side of me tells me it's irresponsible to do something like this, but the eating-disordered side of me is insisting that I have a new goddamned cell phone and I better be using it to improve myself. I'm desperate and I feel like if I had someone that I could text every time I felt the urge to eat, and if I had someone texting me every time they had the urge to eat, that we could instill the utmost strength in each other and we would both be fabulous and skinny in no time. ...so?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i feel so awkward about this, but i really need some support to fast until new years and i think this is a great idea. message me if you want to be texting buddies.
ReplyDeletei love this idea, and even if its kind of awkward, i think it would really help. if youd like to give it a try, just message me.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the same... it would be so motivating.
ReplyDeleteBut I live in the UK...
However, I'm happy to support through here - although I know that's not the most immediate way. Still, I'm water fasting for a week at least - and then maybe add juice or veggies for the second week depending on how it goes.
I freaked out, I'm focused
Ophelia xx
Hmmmm. I would love to fast with you, but that's physically impossible in my family. However, if you don't mind a Fat Hippo texting you, I'd love to be your texting buddy. I promise I'm not a creeper. Or a stalker. Or any kind of sketchy person up to no good. What do you think?
ReplyDeleteWell I was already planning on fasting until New Year's anyways (well, as close as I can get anyway..)
ReplyDeleteI would love to be your texting buddy. However, I am still leery of the whole, internet, creepy people, stalkers, you know. I figure, you understand my apprehension. So if you feel like taking the time to convince me of this, then drop me a comment or email me (toomanyringsaroundrosie@rocketmail.com).
I'm pretty easily covinced :]
Hey i live in Australia so it would be kinda expensive to text but...
ReplyDeleteYou can check out my blog if you want...
fadinglillie@blogspot.com
Your blog is great :)
Xx. Lillie