**Updated.
I am utterly devastated. I binged. I'm supposed to fast and I binge. Go me. Why? Sheesh, I don't know why. I've spent the last month trying to answer that same question and I'm still not sure why I do it. Fear of success? Attempting to be normal? The twisted compulsion to make myself unhappy? Did my body never leave starvation mode and thus still thinks that this is the last meal before the next drought? I can dig and dig for an answer, but no answer seems to be the one that makes me stop binging.
My mind is just fucking blown.
So I was too depressed to even muster up enough energy to exercise the food off, so the only viable option seemed to be to take an ice-cold bath and meditate on certain horrible things I had previously done. I lied in the cold water, shivering and wondering how close the possibility was of getting frostbite. I figured I was going to be ok. But a couple of my fingernails began to turn blue so I figured it was time to get out. And I have a couple quarts of ice water to drink before I go to bed. Of course this is most likely useless, but I feel better being proactive.
I would have purged it all. I would have purged until all my arteries and bones spilled from my throat... but the layout of my house makes this impossible. I gag loudly and the sound of a pin drop travels like a gun shot in my house. I am an almost-bulimic with paper thin walls. I'm missing the important half of the disorder, the louder, more conspicuous half. I'm stuck here, in this tiny bubble. It's only big enough for a skeleton but I'm an elephant trapped inside of it, suffocating.
The want, the will, the drive is there. It just seems that the ability is no longer present.
I promise to deliver good news to you girls, and soon. I won't let you down anymore.

So I just read your comment on my blog from a few posts ago-
ReplyDeleteis it possibly New Brookland Tavern? Maybe?
NO WAY! This is so crazy! Are you from Columbia? And yeah, I've been to quite a few shows where there arent gobs of baby scene kids. I guess it just depends on who's playing.
ReplyDeleteAnd we've all been there. Just try again with the fast, I know you can do it. It's hard and it sucks, but you can do it.
Stay strong.
xoxox,
Margie
I can totally relate with this post! I came to a realization that failure is the BEST motivator. The after affects of binging are complete guilt/frustration that you WON't let urself do it again.
ReplyDeleteI found this out the hard way, but it is SOO easy to be motivated by a binge. Just don't look back
hope that helps =) check out my blog if u want
pana43.blogspot.com
I've been reading a lot of your blog. Good luck to you...i hope you will check out http://proanaquest.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteYou'll get your control back, sometimes it just... disappears for a bit. Fight for it and you will get it back...
ReplyDeleteMine leaves me from time to time and then I end up playing with Mia for awhile.... Which I would rather not as I gag rather loudly too =P
I hope the cold bath and ice water helped!
xo
Is the keeping cold thing because when your cold you burn more calories? and does it work?
ReplyDelete- im reading your blog from the start cause its so inspirational :)