Pant pant huff huff pant.
Day 1 of jump roping was a major fail. I didn't realize that hopping over a rope actually requires skill that someone could actually not have... like me, I don't seem to be able to jump high enough to make it around 20 times without tripping over the rope. Really? Really? I have not exercised regularly in such an appalling amount of time, so it's no wonder. At least it's something I have to learn, which will motivate me more to keep at it. I jumped for the most part of 20 minutes of stopping, starting, stopping, and starting before I got too tired and too annoyed to keep going. My goal for today was to make it 20 jumps without tripping, which I succeeded at... eventually. Tomorrow will be 30, the next day 40, etc, until I can just keep going and going. I'm going through my iTunes right now looking for good jump-roping songs to put on a mix cd.
I can't wait until spring time when they start selling hula hoops! I want to get in shape in the most stylish way possible, heh heh.
I also have sort of a pipe dream of being very good at boxing... I could save up and buy a punching bag, but they seem to be like $80 at the least so I'm thinking some contraption involving some bags of sand and pillows will have to do... hmmm...
Ana's voice came back, finally...
jump higher skip dinner, jump higher skip dinner, jump higher skip dinner.
"jump higher skip dinner" sounds like a good jump rope chant to me. hula hooping is more difficult than it looks.
ReplyDeletetell ana to stop by my house next. i believe she has a bone to pick with me...
ReplyDelete