Friday, July 9, 2010

A change in deadline


The plan had been for me to start university in January, for the spring semester--I had applied late so there was no way to get housing for the fall. But... my brother is moving to the city my school is in after having just received an appallingly well-paying job, so he'll be getting an apartment big enough for the both of us. So if I get accepted for the fall semester (which, even though it's late, I think is quite likely as I exceed their requirements by a huge factor) I can just live with him and save money on dorm cost and whatnot.

All of this is very exciting, but it's a little stressful as I though I had until January to get skinnyskinnyskinny. If I go to school in August, I have only a matter of weeks! I'm totally unprepared in other ways, too--I don't have my own computer, I don't have a car, I'm pretty sure the entire rest of the school has already registered for classes so I'll probably get stuck with really shit courses... and I've lived in a rural town my whole life, a 20 minute commute from a small, small city... And I'll be moving to the biggest city in the southeast, and not even just outside of it; I will be living downtown. But all of this doesn't really matter as this is where I really should be. I'll figure out public transportation and maybe I'll just take out a student loan to buy a car and I'll use the $1100 I have saved up to buy a laptop and to cover my living expenses for a while.

I'm just worried that I won't be skinny enough when I start school.

I mean, I know I won't be skinny enough. It's just impossible, physically impossible to lose all this weight in time... unless I lose a limb or something, and that's just... not how that works.

BUT when I start school I will use their gym all the time and maybe my apartment building will have a gym and whatnot. The place my brother is looking at is an old factory converted to an apartment complex which means it's probably haunted but also very, very beautiful which excites me endlessly. He's making $90000 a year which is over three times as much as I ever expect to make. I guess his being a computer nerd really pays off, eh? Plus he'll probably start buying organic fruits and vegetables because he can afford it, but aside from that we have very different taste in food so I won't be tempted to eat anything out of his fridge.

And I'll have my own  room.

Oh and, by the way, the purpose of this post was to announce my new plan. I know I know, I never stick to the plans I make. That's because my plans are always too weird to tell to anyone, and if no one knows my plan I can't be held accountable so I'm less likely to stick to it.

But here it is.

Raw vegan. Yes. Again. Oh, of course. Raw 'til college. 
But not totally raw, here are non-raw things that are allowed OCCASIONALLY:

Fruit Buddies
Soy milk
Pasteurized fruit juices
Here are the things that are HARDLY EVER ALLOWED:

Peanut butter
Here are the things that are ONLY ALLOWED AT WORK:

Diet Coke. (we get free drinks at work so I drink Diet Coke like a FIEND!)

I'm writing my plan out and telling my mom, telling everyone I know, telling everyone in my family, putting it on the fridge. My mom knows that my affinity towards raw-eating has something to do with my disordered-eating, but the more I educate her about it the more she realizes that it really is good for you. I'm basically going to just start out in my "detox" period basically eating raw food limitlessly and gradually cutting down after a week or so.

Pros of raw eating:
It's healthy.
I can restrict less while still losing weight.
Raw vegetables can be really fucking bland, which means I'll enjoy them less, which will be good for breaking food-addiction.
A raw diet ensures that you will get sick less.
More energy = more exercise.
I can get out of going to restaurants quite often.
I'll probably end up having amazing skin and stuff.
I can't eat spaghetti.
I'll be eating a lot of fiber, which means I'll actually poop.
Yeah, I went there.
If "negative calorie" foods exist, we will become well-aquainted.

I just finished the last of my polenta which means it's starting! Which means I have peaches, oranged, celery and carrots for the rest of the day. For the rest of the summer. Mwaaaaha.


1 comment:

  1. "Yeah, I went there."
    Hahaha :) Good luck with your raw food diet, although I know you don't need the luck. I like your plan, and I'm excited for you!! I bet that must be stressful like you said, but whatever happens, you're totally capable of doing well, be it weight loss or getting used to your new courses coming up way before you thought.
    Take care,
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete