This is me trying to make sense of recovery. This wasn't always a recovery blog though, so I have to warn you that if you don't want to be triggered, do NOT look at my older posts.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
I feel like I've really been neglecting this blog, and all of your blogs. I'm sorry. I'm not sure why. Maybe I'm reconnecting with my life again. I've actually been doing things that make me happy. I've been hanging out with friends, people I didn't even realize were my friends. I've been breaking all of my mother's rules and it's fantastic to feel free but bittersweet to feel guilt from all the lies. I've been writing a lot. I've been singing a lot. And I've been crying a lot, too, but in the past few days I've moved on from all-consuming, overwhelming depression and into more mild-to-moderate general unhappiness and apathy. I've also been binging less and losing more. I gained like 12-15lbs since Thanksgiving kicked off the holiday season and as of now I have about 6lbs left to lose until Christmas is off of my torso for good. I've stopped obsessing over food, and somehow, miraculously, I've been eating less of it. Naturally. I'm eating more than I would like to, but less than normal. And I've been losing. I haven't been restricting calories, rather I've been setting a time limit on how late into the day I can eat. As it turns out, eating normally until 5:00 and not eating (or hardly eating) for the rest of the day is more effective than eating nothing all day and binging at 2AM until I pass out in a fit of tears. Go figure. I'm going to keep going like this until it stops working. Right now I feel like I'm hiding out in the real world from the monsters in my brain. It's a much nicer place than hiding out in my brain from the real world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's great!
ReplyDeleteKeep going, stay strong.
You can do it!
Xx. Lillie
This post made me happy. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's all. Just wanted to letcha know. ;)
Oh, and try not to feel too guilty about not posting often enough or about breaking the rules. If, after breaking said rules, you still have your health, happiness, family, and friends...Well, I figure the rules probably weren't really all that important anyway. ;)
Stay lovely. :D
<3
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! Go V! I'm so glad you're feeling better. Don't worry about not posting enough, either; you are more important.
ReplyDelete