Friday, March 26, 2010

I'm feeling better today than I did when I wrote that last post. I was feeling very, very, very fucked up and after doing some research I think I was showing various signs of water intoxication/poisoning. I read somewhere that you wouldn't get it unless you drank like 8 liters of water in one sitting, but then I read that some people can get it through only 3 liters. So previous to gaining the latter knowledge I had thought it would be safe to drink liters upon liters of water, and I had been doing that for a couple days. That disconnected feeling was coupled with unexplained nausea for these days as well, which is another sign of water intoxication. Today in my hurry to get to school, I forgot to bring my water bottle, so I've probably only had a few cups today, and the symptoms are gone completely. Conclusion? It was the water.

I ate too much bread today. But I'm hungry; I've been hungry all day. Do you know how sometimes you can just feel yourself burning up everything you eat? Like, almost immediately? That's how I feel, so I'm not incredibly worried. I lost a pound, but I don't completely believe the scale on my soft kitchen floor. Have I ever mentioned how fucked up it is that my mom keeps the scale in the kitchen? The floor is soft and so the scale reads about 5 lbs lighter than the real weight. I try not to think about that. I just can't bear to make the transition to the bathroom and have to face those 5 extra pounds. Oh goodness!

Off to drink more water, but not enough to kill me.

2 comments:

  1. glad you're feeling better! and, thanks for sharing that information about the water poisoning.

    Have a good evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can you do to counter the effects of drinking too much water? Would something like Pedalyte (An electrolyte replacement for kids with Gastroenteritis) work? Or some fruit juice on occasion? *hugs*

    ReplyDelete