Sunday, March 21, 2010

I'm shaking. And it's not because I haven't eaten. It's sugar and anxiety.

Yesterday was too much cooking and not enough self-control. I ended up eating two pieces of pizza bread and more icing. This morning I weighed 2.4lbs heavier. I know, logically, that "can't" be true but I believe it. So in my moment of weakness this morning I ate a banana and 5 saltine crackers out of my cabinet. I had to finish my friend's cake this morning, and ate tons of icing. I chased this with just under a cup of berries and a little bit of sweet tea. I feel disgusting. I believe fully and thoroughly that every sip of water I consume magically turns to fat. I can just feel myself getting heavier and heavier. Nothing is leaving me, nothing is burning up. I have a birthday party to go to in an hour and a half, how can I pretend to be happy? How can I possibly get my anxiety down by then and not worry? I worry worry worry.

Maybe if I drink 2 liters of water, and if it magically doesn't turn to fat, maybe it'll cleanse my body just enough for me to feel hungry. I feel the faint rumbling of a ghost hunger, either because I remember it so vividly, or because I want it so badly. I'm deciding it right now: the rest of today and tomorrow will be subsistence, living off of a cup of broccoli, a cucumber, and a large pot of cabbage soup I just made. I need to be clean.

I need someone so badly I can almost feel a distant tingling of a kiss on my lips...
I need hunger so badly I can feel the gases playing tug-of-war in my stomach.

http://www.last.fm/music/Balance+and+Composure/_/I+just+want+to+be+pure?autostart

2 comments:

  1. i know exactly how you feel, girl.
    i HATE losing control.
    you're not alone!

    xx
    Sasha Roe

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe if we literally stuff ourselves with water constantly, and therefore always feel bloated and fat and disgusting, we will stop eating?? im right where you are right now, and it blows. whatever happened to my selfcontrol?

    ReplyDelete