Monday, April 5, 2010

For the record, the bluegrass show ended up being really, really good. The opening band was really hokey but their tenor had one of the purest voices I've ever heard! The main band had a really good bassist and great singers, too. Even though I was the usher I got to sit down for most of it and I ended up with a great seat. Haha, so... free bluegrass shows are totally worth it!

I'm not going to talk about my eating from Saturday night through this afternoon. Yeah, we're just going to all believe that I actually have strength and willpower and that I didn't give into holiday food yesterday and holiday leftovers this afternoon. Oh well, Easter is over and all that was left to make it into my food box was about five M&M's and a small bag of dried apricots. Even though I basically just gave in for no good reason this weekend, I'm noticing a really stark improvement in my general ability to just say, "I'm not going to eat!" and actually not eating. Whoa! Marvelous! So I'm not eating for the rest of the night, and that's a promise.

My mom is acting like she's actually considering letting me move...
: D
: D
: D


So I need to print out information on everything she could possibly wonder about that school, and have it on hand when I give her the "Are you seriously considering this or what?" talk. Followed by the "I am so serious about this, I will live off of bananas and do all of my computer work at libraries if I have to just to be able to afford to live there. I just really don't want to stay stagnant, stuck here where there's nothing for me, stuck here with a bunch of goons who used to call themselves my friends." talk. Followed bu the "I'm not independent because you never gave me the chance!" talk. Let's see how that goes.

3 comments:

  1. I told you the bluegrass would be worthwhile!

    I hope your mom lets you move, it sounds like you need some freedom and space. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear she's considering it, that'd be great if you got to move! :]

    ReplyDelete