I forgot who asked me what the purpose of hoarding food, because I approved the comment and then it wouldn't show up. So I'll answer it on here: there's not really any purpose. Well, in this case the food box's purpose is to allow me to avoid the kitchen completely, thus avoiding the possibility of mindlessly eating everything in my kitchen. I never binge on hoarded food. I feel like hoarding it changes its purpose, it's composition, and makes it unbingeable in my mind. It's weird, but once the food is in my special box, it loses its danger. It's safe, tucked away, organized, right by my bed when I need it, and I have control over it. Total control. I can be totally starving and if I walk into the kitchen I will binge until I explode. I can be at the same level of hunger and desperation in my room and I can resist the urge to go to the box, since usually said urge is not there. The box is magic, I swear. It just changes the nature of food and puts me in a position of control over it.
Plus, about half the time, the hoarding isn't planned or premeditated in any way. It's a strange, uncontrollable compulsion. It just happens, sometimes before I even realize it. I'll steal food from the kitchen and I don't realize I just actually stole food that other people were going to eat until I make it to my room.
I like this idea...it makes a lot of sense, too. I think I'd like a box of my own haha. Thanks :)
ReplyDeleteHey it was me! Well, I'm glad that works for you! It would never work for me, but what you said makes sense :) Thanks for explaining... and sharing a part of yourself that is important and pretty private to you.
ReplyDeleteI love hoarding food and then not eating it :)
ReplyDelete