You know that whole 'water intoxication' scare I had a little while back? Well you'd think I would have cut down my water intake to avoid feeling sick, but no. I've been averaging 6 liters the past few days and today I'm approaching 7. And I'm feeling sick. And still thirsty. I think this just really goes to show the true extent of my gluttony--all of us have hurt ourselves physically at some point through eating too much (unless you're one of those prodigies who doesn't ever binge) but how many of us have actually hurt ourselves through drinking too much WATER? It's pathetic. Absurd, even. Fuck.
I've decided to liquid fast for the duration of spring break, with a water fast as a little extra challenge on Easter Sunday. I have two cans of tomato soup, a cube of bouillon, many types of tea and some nasty off-brand soy milk that has sucralose in it, but hell, I'll take what I can get. So I have no reason to mess up! Oh shit, I just remembered I have a small tub of fruit punch mix left in my food stash. I am now excited. : ] <-- that's a smug grin, by the way.
I've been trying to add a third paragraph to this post for like 15 minutes but I can't think of anything else I feel like writing.
Hey! I was thinking that maybe the reason you continue to be thirsty is because you have your electrolytes out of whack from drinking too much in the first place? Is there any way you can switch to powerade zero (some of the time) or something like that to help your body rebound from all the water?
ReplyDeleteI'm no doctor, but I know that one of the causes/results of water intoxication is that your electrolytes aka body salts get drowned from so much water.
Hope that helps!