I hate it. I hate it for many reasons. First of all, I don't believe that medicine is manufactured with any intention of making the user well--"well" in this case meaning sick less often. When I do get sick to the point where I need medicine, I feel like all of my attempts to avoid sickness safely and naturally have failed me, and that I, in turn, have failed myself. I also hate the idea of something that isn't me having control over my body's processes.
Oh also, did I mention how I hate having to fucking eat when I take medicine? This liquid stuff I'm taking, it's not even like you can just eat a couple of crackers; you have to eat real food for it not to kill your stomach. I don't appreciate this at all.
Also, I ate less yesterday than I have all week and oh guess who didn't lose any weight? Meeee! I mean I might have lost some tenths of a pound but in my disappointment I didn't bother looking to the right of the decimal. MORE LIKE TO THE RIGHT OF THE COMMA, you know what I'm sayin'? Fuck.
Time to go to the doctor and probably get prescribed more medicine that I shouldn't be taking. : (
I understand what you mean. I hate taking medicine too. I even try to avoid aspirin if I don't feel like I really need it. When you said "I also hate the idea of something that isn't me having control over my body's processes", I was like, Thank you! Someone who shares my thoughts exactly! A lot of times people think I am crazy when I have a cold and I don't want to go to the doctors to get antibiotics. I don't want some manufactured stuff in me, and I don't want to aid in antibiotic resistance!
ReplyDelete:( Get well soon.
ReplyDelete